How can I upload my website to my Web Hosting using FTP?
If you have already created a website and want to upload now to your web hosting account, follow the below procedure:
- Log in to your Octopoly account and go to PRODUCTS > WEB HOSTING.
- Hover over the domain name and click on VIEW.
- Click on MANAGE.
- Now in your web hosting control panel, go to FTP & Content Publishing.
- Click on FTP ACCOUNT MANAGER.
- Here you will find the FTP information needed. If you have not set a password yet, you can reset the password there.
We recommend to create a sub directory for the website within /htdocs, for example /htdocs/yourwebsite.
- Go to FTP & Content Publishing and click on FILE MANAGER.
- Create a new folder (sub directory).
- Go to Configurations and click on DOMAIN POINTERS.
- Click on ADD.
- Enter the domain name and select the option POINT TO A SUB-DIRECTORY.
- Enter the name of the folder (sub directory) you created for this domain.
- Click OK. The pointers are created for both the domain and the www version of the domain.