How do I add an A-record (IPv4)?
To add an A-Record, please follow these steps:
- In your Octopoly account, go to DOMAIN NAMES and ACTIVE.
- Hover over the domain name and click MANAGE on the right.
- Click MANAGE ZONE, in the Nameserver section on the left.
- Click on NEW RECORD in the panel below and select under Type A (IPv4 Address).
- Enter the host or sub domain into the Host field. In most cases it is enough to use “@”, which represents the root domain.
- Enter the IP address (IPv4) in the IPV4 field.
- You can leave the Dynamic DNS and TTL value as they are.
- SUBMIT the record and click on SAVE ZONE.
Please note that DNS changes take up to 24 hours to be propagated throughout the Internet.